Monday, November 24, 2008

Reading Selection Assessment

I think that A Good Man Is Hard To Find, Indian Camp, The Offshore Pirate, The Metamorphosis, On the Road and The Shadow of the Wind should stay on the reading list. The authors of these books are quite well known and it is important to familiarize students with certain authors. I wish that we had read more of The Shadow of the Wind. The chapter ended abruptly and I wanted to read more. Women Warrior could also stay on the reading list. It wasn't too long and it covered interesting aspects of culture.
I think that The Bell Jar should be taken off of the list. Maybe if we had read the beginning or the entire book the chapter we read might have made more sense but as a chapter alone, The Bell Jar should be taken off of the reading list.
I was disappointed that we did not read The Catcher in the Rye. I have never read it and I was looking forward to reading it. I think that it should be kept on the reading list and be read.
I think that Vogler should be kept on the reading list as well.

No comments: